Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Week 1

Lowlights:

What's with so many people not being able to relate to each other?

Math test / Silent Reading period:

Sound peaceful? Not quite...I got to experience what it was like to be June in our Ed Psych class when she demonstrated classroom management (well no naked flames...). The supply teacher screamed at some students "you go to the office now!" and all I could think was "No way - I'll never be hired by the board." Needless to say I was in charge and no one went to no office...

Highlights:

The students returned with homework I gave them to ask about immigration stories in their families. Students shared their stories with the group and I witnessed some very moving moments especially for those who immigrated very recently.

Seeing my fellow student teachers around the halls and over lunch'n'craft.

Next week I will be doing my best to channel Terry Gingerstein...

3 comments:

  1. Let the force of Terry Gingerstein be with you!

    FYI, On my last day of Practicum I am leading a school assembly on "Empathy"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Gabrielle, I love Terry Gingerstein! Hang in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had some interestng moments with supply teachers too. Something seems to happen with the class, especially an integrated class, when their regular teacher is away.

    Brie Smith

    ReplyDelete