Saturday, November 12, 2011
Week 2
This week flew by with all the excitement of the Royal Winter Fair, Remembrance Day and Caroline coming to observe.
Having recovered from one week of shock at the state of humanity I am now able to see where I will make a difference.
Caroline gave me my money's worth with some supportive feedback about my math lesson on angles that she watched me teach. Lesson plans aren't quite so daunting to me any more.
Royal Winter Fair gave good agriculture. I enjoyed seeing the students prove that given free rein they are very reliable and mature. I haven't seen them being given such responsibility so I am happy to see that they are more capable than the system seems to think them to be.
Besides meeting a few curriculum expectations and attempting some language assessment with my AT's assistance, I am attempting to listen to the students alot and allow them to have a voice and be heard by their colleagues.
'til next week...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love your positive outlook, Gabrielle, and I definitely agree with you. It's very rewarding when you realize you can make a difference in a student's life. I'm going with my class on a field rip to the ROM tomorrow, so I'll get to see how they behave! I'm really enjoying working with them, and we have lots of teacher-student dialogue in our classroom, which is great! Glad to hear everything is going well for you!
ReplyDeleteJasmine