I have been outside today in my backyard enjoying the spring weather, doing yard work and even built a fire to enjoy as the sun sets. I have dragged myself indoors to tell of my adventures in my practicum before March Break is done.
Things move very fast in my classroom - much faster than I am comfortable with. My unit was already halfway finished before I even started the practicum.
Fly on to next week...
Sounds like fun.
ReplyDeletemy unit slows up and speeds down, too. I get way ahead, then get ambitious, the the kids get stuck on a concept, and I have to slow down.
Nice to hear from you.
It's like
ReplyDeletedrrrrrrrrrooooom! Aawwwwwww..... drrrrrrrrrooooom!! AAAawwwww.
The trick is to add superfluous practice/enrichment exercises/activities/lessons, to make it last longer.
This is called "extending the concept". It's an alternative to starting over and creating more lessons for more concepts.
Awesome! Hopefully the memories you gained from your students last a bit longer.
ReplyDeleteKeep on Keeping on!