Monday, May 21, 2012
Internship week 3
This week I spent most mornings with the grade 1-3 individuals working on math place values. Interesting to see how each student learns differently. The afternoons were mostly all school activities where we set up different stations and the students chose what they wanted to do. There was painting outside, fimo, drawing lessons, music (orff) and photography. I ran the fimo centre and learnt how to sculpt a mermaid and how not to burn the artwork. We spent many hours outside and one afternoon took the grade 1-4 on a walk to a playground in a park in the neighbourhood. I observed all kinds of spontaneous collaboration in progress. We are also hatching chickens on the upstairs floor. They should be out by the end of next week. I also watched the grade 4-6 media presentations. The students worked on a topic they were interested in, researched it, created a media type presentation and presented to their peers. So much going on here.
Jane just realised you've been writing to me on the SUPO website and I haven't been reading it. Hope this works for you.
9-3:30/4is daily
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yes this works fine, Gabrielle. I'm posting to SUPO because they need the e-trail for internship tracking. So I'll continue to read your blog and post to the SUPO site, OK?
ReplyDelete