Sunday, May 6, 2012
Internship Week 1
Now we're talking!
I am at an alternative school which is part of the TDSB and I am happy to see that what I think is important is for the most part taking place somewhere in this public school system.
The school's approach is that emotional literacy is necessary to create a space conducive to learning.
It is really great for me to be in a space where I can follow my own instincts through what I need to learn and also to see that the students there also have that freedom.
It did not take long for me to understand the structure that exists within that freedom.
I have really enjoyed seeing the students run their meetings to discuss how the school runs and also the conflict resolution for which they take responsibility.
Mon-Fri 8:45-3:30/4ish daily
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment